16.4.12

Mousetraps, Eggchickens and Poppies that fall to the cobblestones


My goodmorning
was a mouse i had to peel
from a mousetrap
at quarter 'til.

it was soft.

and reminded me of a street
that lived near us in Belgium
that was lined with volunteer
Poppies.
which lost their petals
even as I picked them.

Dear Idlewild,
If we stood up too fast,
and bloodrush
is having our head
for a field trip,

then I'm sorry
I counted my egg chickens
before they were
Rhode Island reds.

Just stay where you are.
you furnish the pictures,
I'll furnish the war.

with champagne and
a strange melancholy that pervades me
to which I hesitate to give the grave
and beautiful name of sorrow,

your friend,

Waffle Henley



THIS POST WAS TRANSLATED FROM ITS ORIGINAL FRENCH BY GOOGLE EARTH

No comments:

Post a Comment